Did Mojang or Notch get hacked recently?

Hey guys, I heard from a friend who I am trying to introduce to tekkit that a couple of weeks ago (like 2 weeks) that Mojang got part of the servers hacked and how they have been working to rewrite alot of the code they lost.

Honestly, I am kind of skeptical about this, so I was curious to know if anyone else had heard anything like in the news or if their been any threads on this.

I haven't heard anything of this, and as an avid Minecraft player and in a community full of Minecraft players, I think someone would have kicked off. The servers did go down a few nights ago and so people could not log in, but other than that, I do not believe Mojang have had their servers hacked.

If that were the case, I would assume that they would have said something about it on a official source(their website/devs twitter etc)

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: FlabbawaffleCakester
    It doesn't appear that they were hacked in anyway. If they actually 'lost' code (not sure how they would lose it as they should have backups) then it would be some pretty major news or at least Jeb or Notch would have tweeted something about it and since I can't find anything like that it seems that they are fine.

Ask your friend for his source.

yeah that what I suspected. Thanks for clarifying guys.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: The_Heavens_wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakester View Post
    It doesn't appear that they were hacked in anyway. If they actually 'lost' code (not sure how they would lose it as they should have backups) then it would be some pretty major news or at least Jeb or Notch would have tweeted something about it and since I can't find anything like that it seems that they are fine.

Ask your friend for his source.
    Maybe they're too embarrassed too tweet?
    Bored? Click the link below for DONT D!
    http://forums.yogscast.com/showthread.php?99036-Dont-d
    It's now version 1.5!
    New lap, oh yeah!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: FlabbawaffleCakester
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens_wolf View Post
    Maybe they're too embarrassed too tweet?
    From what I've seen they are pretty open about everything that is happening to them and even then it shouldn't be a big problem. No large company doesn't have backups.

Simple answer is no they did not. Until they say something officially, assume all is well