Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: statiusbfl
    We actually have a room for that in our school. About 30 pc's with minecraft installed, but you need a premium account to play. And there's some rules about playtime and when you're allowed to play.
    Made by Dracaen.

Your expert source for WWE thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by buisclaa View Post
    Yummi! How could you?
    I just wanted a jaffa kitty!
    Sorry! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Medisr View Post
    We can talk about any game at school lol, And i DODGED YOUR SOUL TAKER HA!
    Aw man, dodged it...
    Anyways, we can talk about them but you just have to becareful of teachers, they might send you outside if you are not being quiet... :/
    http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5247/sigtemplate.png
    Also, an epic profile picture by Dinorawrzzz and the amazing avatar by Dedan!!

they hacve it bloked on my schools internet

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Mystic_Kid Steam ID: CynicalJoker
    We just use Pen-Drives :P
    I have no clue what to put here anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    We actually have a room for that in our school. About 30 pc's with minecraft installed, but you need a premium account to play. And there's some rules about playtime and when you're allowed to play.
    Wow, you're lucky. I'm afraid our school would never allow for such activities.

Signature by me. If you want one, check this thread.
    Wanna talk to me, for any reason whatsoever? PM me or add me on Skype.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: statiusbfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracaen View Post
    Wow, you're lucky. I'm afraid our school would never allow for such activities.
    Yes I am. It was accepted by request. Someone asked for it, got a petition for signatures and had to do an entire presentation about why Minecraft should get a room in our school.
    Made by Dracaen.

Your expert source for WWE thoughts.

Hey, I might be able to shed some light on this from a teachers perspective - I know this may be TL;DR for some people so I've made a conclusion at the end.
    Me being an almost educated teacher myself - in Denmark it being a standalone education I have been studying to become a teacher for almost four years now. This also means I have some insights as to how a school works and, at least in Denmark, how much we have to learn the students and what limitations this gives us.

First of teachers have a abide by a curriculum that we have to teach our students, most of this knowledge is not something that can be learnt through gaming. As much as I love playing games myself, and especially Minecraft, I do see the limitations of these games and how they can and can not be used a learning situation.

We can't go an saying schools are evil for not allowing you to play minecraft In school.. You do not learn Biology or Chemistry from playing Minecraft.
    No matter what the school is a place for education, that's why you are there... To learn stuff...

That said, using gaming as an educational tool can have it upsides.. but it's not being utilized as well as it could be.. this is mostly due to there being no major psychology or didactic research released about the subject. Most teachers use a mixture of theories they learned while studying to becoming teachers, I myself use a mixture of cooperative learning and Klafki, with John Deweys "Learning by doing" theory, as my learning methods - All seen from a social-constructive aspect. But teachers who's been teaching for years can have a difficulty breaking out of usual style they use to teach, however effective it might be, and this is why you asking in a serious way, being good arguments and showing you've thought it through can help the teacher open their eyes.

To conclude.
    If you want to play Minecraft in school, you have to think like a teacher. Ask yourself the questions of:
    What can we learn from playing minecraft?
    How would it fit with our curriculum?
    Do we have the technology, equipment and price to make it happen?

Make arguments, both in favor and against using minecraft as a learning tool, go get some inspiration at http://minecraftedu.com/ - perhaps even show the side to your teacher.

And always remember that the teachers are not evil. They are here to help their students learn and help them. But they can also see if you want to use Minecraft as a teaching tool, or if you just want to play a game in school.. It's up to you to show them you have the right intent and want to learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    Im so jealous now :P
    Back from a hiatus.

some mentaly challenged kids ruined this for me at school