Question clean copy of minecraft

I may have made a mess of minecraft. I seem to have overlapping mods/tools and would like to start with a clean slate.
    Do i simply delete the entire ".minecraft" folder from %appdata%. or is there more i need to do?

Is there a way to have several versions? so if i wanted to just play vanilla i could with a click of an icon. or if i wanted to play with unlimited items i could click a different icon.

You delete the entire .minecraft folder ! and the next time you launch minecraft and log in it will make a perfectly new one !

To do the second thing you want , I suggest you make copies of .minecraft folder

1) you delete the entire .minecraft folder
    2) you run the minecraft launcher and log in , making a new .minecraft launcher
    3) you copy THAT clean folder ( .minecraft ) in to your user map for example where you can find it easily /user/Minecraft vanilla
    4) you now install Too many items
    5)you copy your Too many items edited minecraft folder ( .minecraft ) to another map where you can easily find it ! for example in /user/Minecraft too many items version
    6)If you want to play vanilla minecraft , you take the minecraft vanilla folder and put it in the appdata/roaming
    7)If you want to play too many items minecraft , you take the folder from /user/minecraft too many items version and put it in the appdata/roaming folder !

make sure there is never twice the .minecraft folders in there ! If you want your maps to be with you in every version , you simply copy them from Saves in .minecraft and put them in which version you want to play !
    Last edited by KiwiSlider; 28th May 2012 at 17:43.
    Join our Community-Run Teamspeak 3 Server on teamspeak3.i3d.net:9993

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wolfy-11
    to start with a clean slate all you have to do is delete the minecraft folder in appdata and also delete the icon that launches minecraft. once done this re-download it. if you want to save your world from deletion then save it by copying and pasting it. not too sure about the other part but hope this helps