Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Question HOW TO add mods to tecnic pack

hello,

I'm a youtuber and I'm doing a technic modpack series but I want to add more mods to the pack. I'm sure the mod I want to add is compatible with all the mods in technic but how can I add external mods? I tried to look on google and youtube but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    If you want to add more mods, install the Pack and then install the additional mod(s) by following the instructions from the mod developer(s). If the mods are compatible, it should "just work". You may need to change some block IDs around to make it fit

Well the problem is that Technic actually makes a total new folder outside the .minecraft folder so how and where can I install the mod I want in. It's basically a zip folder with a heap of class files I need installed.

Thanks for quick response

Blog Entries
    Once you have installed the technic pack, you can install the additional mods into the same place as they would normally go, technic pack or no technic pack

I installed the mod (tale of kingdoms) on my normal .minecraft
    Then I open my Modpack.jar launcher to play the modpack minecraft + tales of kingdoms. I check if the mods is on there by creating a new world and trying but it's not on there. Do I have to change anything in my technic folder itself ?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Uh no PSN ID: yeah XFIRE ID: fyrexnl
    As of v6 technic makes a different folder named .techniclauncher which should be located in the same folder as .minecraft. Open the technicssp folder which is basicly the same as your normal .minecraft folder and everything you need should be in there.

You do not need to touch your .minecraft folder at all, everything technicpack related is installed in the .techniclauncher folder that included the tekkit client if they release the fixed version.

Question Where?

So if I want to install more mods on to technic pack. I need to put them in the .techniclauncher? where in the .techniclauncher folder do I put the Mods and such?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Skullblade View Post
    So if I want to install more mods on to technic pack. I need to put them in the .techniclauncher? where in the .techniclauncher folder do I put the Mods and such?
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Ro aming\.techniclauncher\technic ssp\mods
    They go here I think, tho make sure to check the mod install instructions to make sure.
    Think of the technicssp folder as your .minecraft folder so if the mods tells you to install it in .minecraft/mod then it's technicssp/mod, if it asks to install something in .minecraft/bin then technicssp/bin.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Dergrizzle
    Ok so im trying to install the friendmod and i done everything above but i still cant get it to work any help?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dergrizzle View Post
    Ok so im trying to install the friendmod and i done everything above but i still cant get it to work any help?
    Don't know the mod but it could simply be that it is just not compatible with the other mods. You can try different versions of the mod and see if they work.
    http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/Fyrexsama/sigfyrex7bu3.jpg
    Yes, I am a boy!