Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. #1

    Question How do you record minecraft?

    I have a friend who wants to record minecraft but does not know how. How do you?

  2. #2
    MissGabsarella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washingtonian ;P
    Posts
    3,229
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ISAWITFIRST
    One word my friend.. Fraps.

    Hehe but no seriously Fraps is used by a lot of people to record minecraft videos.
    http://Fraps.com <- Link for you.

  3. #3
    Fraps is what I use, as well as the Yogscast I believe. There are others out there you can use such as Bandicam and Camtasia. Everyone has their own preference on which they like more, but researching those three is a good start.
    Need help on the Yogiverse? Send me a PM!

  4. #4
    Can you use wegame to record minecraft?

  5. #5
    Dill508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    100
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Snow King 180 Steam ID: Nyyfan2
    Fraps is great, but the raw video files can get quite large, so u cant record hour after hour

    Other than that it is awesome!

  6. #6
    What about mac users?
    Breaking a Combo is only generating a new one.

  7. #7
    Masterlord_vez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    913
    Blog Entries
    4
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Wastywouter Steam ID: Wastywouter
    Quote Originally Posted by Niea View Post
    Fraps is what I use, as well as the Yogscast I believe. There are others out there you can use such as Bandicam and Camtasia. Everyone has their own preference on which they like more, but researching those three is a good start.
    Wait, isn't Misconduct the one who does the recording? ><

    Btw, I thought fraps couldn't be used to record Minecraft...but then again, I haven't really tried (I refuse to put any minecraft content on my Youtube channel). As Niea said, Bandicam is a good alternative (considering you have to pay for Fraps).

    And as Dill508 said, Fraps can have its disadvantages, for example, two minute files can be about 3 gigabytes...
    Last edited by Masterlord_vez; 11th January 2012 at 08:25.

    My sig was made by Hannieh, go check out her art

  8. #8
    thelordofpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the toilet...
    Posts
    3,256
    Blog Entries
    13
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Flumbooze Steam ID: 76561198014600998
    Quote Originally Posted by Dill508 View Post
    Fraps is great, but the raw video files can get quite large, so u cant record hour after hour

    Other than that it is awesome!
    Buy a decent harddisk...


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dill508 View Post
    Fraps is great, but the raw video files can get quite large, so u cant record hour after hour

    Other than that it is awesome!
    Set it to record half size, the files get manageable then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Masterlord_vez View Post
    Wait, isn't Misconduct the one who does the recording? ><

    Btw, I thought fraps couldn't be used to record Minecraft...but then again, I haven't really tried (I refuse to put any minecraft content on my Youtube channel). As Niea said, Bandicam is a good alternative (considering you have to pay for Fraps).

    And as Dill508 said, Fraps can have its disadvantages, for example, two minute files can be about 3 gigabytes...
    Yes, fraps can be used for Minecraft. And again, set it to record half size, then the files aren't as insane in size :P

  10. #10
    Therob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -18.15804, -174.18080
    Posts
    73
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: A Dave Yognaut XFIRE ID: adaveyognaut Steam ID: adaveyognaut Raptr ID: adaveyognaut
    FRAPS is probably the most reliable screen recorder, however; it's a bit pricey for casual/experimental recordings. The demo only allows 30 seconds of record time. I would advise starting with Bandicam, it's got a free trial that allows 10 minutes of recording, plus the size of the files it produces is much smaller.
    Wondering about my avatar? It's a protest of SOPA/Protect IP. Join me, with your own black profile image and join the group.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Site Navigation

 > FAQ

» Recent Threads

Need the yogventures...
9th August 2014 10:40
by Muffo99
Lava to Cobblestone in...
29th August 2014 11:57
by critic
Boys vs Girls
8th April 2012 22:42
Hello Everybody!
Today 03:18
My Gaming Channel
12th August 2014 18:33
Youtube Channel-...
Today 02:23
by Zeenyan
The King is Dead! RP...
21st January 2014 05:01
by Lambi81
G'day boys!
Yesterday 22:49
by Nexus24
Yogscast Complete Pack...
29th August 2014 10:01
by Sat1
Your Favorite Anime!!
3rd June 2012 07:00
by Fairy21
Yogscast Complete [24/7]...
3rd August 2014 17:59
TTKB Plays: RPGs,...
10th October 2013 22:16
by TTKB
Elder Scrolls online!...
6th October 2013 03:01
by Xing_

Log in

Log in