Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Gandalior

Is this really the ammount of money the yogscast is making?

I mean, i think it's a bit too much to be true, but i realised i don't even know how much money does youtube pay it's partners for the videos, so what do you think? are Simon and Lewis filthy rich or are they just making enough to live?
    https://yogscast.com/filer/signaturepics/sigpic26050_1.gif

that is loads!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gottfather
    If you want more numbers try this: http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/BlueXephos
    Of course these are all estimates and we will never know for sure how much they actually make.

And to be honest I think they really deserve it.

I don't think the Yogscast (or any YouTube partners) like to discuss this information, and it seems a bit disrespectful to speculate. Even if the amount this guy claims is in fact accurate I wouldn't say it makes Simon and Lewis (and Hannah!) filthy rich - remember that the Yogscast is a registered business with (according to Lewis) between 20 and 30 employees who have to be paid, as well as other expenses which must be met.

Assuming the total here is accurate, I wouldn't imagine the amount the Yogscast take home at the end of each month is significantly more than the UK average salary, if it's even that.
    HAWKMOON
    - Super Moderator -
    Read our rules! || See our FAQ! || Send me a PM!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Kees_Kaas
    That amount is only on their YouTube Channel, they also earn money for the ads on this website, and need to pay the maintainance for their servers and other things.

I think it's a bit high and there's more to it than the amount of views - I thought people had to actually click on the ads. At least, that's how it is with adsense. Even if they do get that much money a month you have to consider what bills they have to pay. Do the administrators of this site get paid? Does Lalna get a portion for the art? etc etc You also have to remember they've been doing the youtube thing since 2008 and are just recently getting money for it. I'm horrible at math and lazy, but if you did a money made per year since 2008 their total gross would decrease dramatically.

They're also getting commission from the clothing they sell in their spreadshirt shop and some money from the ads on this site.

Honestly, I think once you get recognition on youtube it's probably one of the easiest ways to make money, but it's a lot of waiting and sometimes luck (Unless you have boobs, a push up bra, are willing to have all your video thumbnails be nothing but cleavage, and make video responses to every popular video on youtube).

Above is my opinion and I may be way off.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 4deadguy
    Its quite disrespectful to talk about how much money they make. Its a private matter which should only be discussed between Yogscast and Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by 4deadguy View Post
    Its quite disrespectful to talk about how much money they make. Its a private matter which should only be discussed between Yogscast and Youtube
    Manners don't exist on the internet, silly.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: 4deadguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinsanity View Post
    Manners don't exist on the internet, silly.
    On Yogiverse, they do

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: gottfather
    I don't think it's disrespectful to be curious about the earnings of a so called "company".
    Of course they have their right to be quiet about it (or have to be).

I think a lot of people are just curious about how much money big youtube stars are making.