Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Mr Fakeface Steam ID: tronitus

Yogpods- answered by Lewis

Dear Moderators,

I have noticed a few things going wrong on the forums lately. Any thread mentioning the Yogpod has been closed. I like all of you want more Yogpod. I am not demanding a new one, I'm not being the generic Yognaut/Yognaught that whines about their amount of content. There is plenty. I only post with one concern. The moderators allways respond to these Yogpod threads with the same answer. "Its just old guff they happen to record" or "They can't just sit down and automatically have a conversation". Well, I have one objection to these claims! In the older Yogpods (Which I prefer the most) it's Simon and Lewis purposely getting on vent to record a Yogpod. As we are now on the date of the 31st, which is Halloween, we would at least like to see some recognition from Simon and Lewis that the Yogpod is not forgotten. I am demanding this now because they have broken Yogpod tradition. I thought there would always be Halloween and Christmas specials, but it seems I was wrong. I simply ask you keep this thread up so there will be an opportunity for Yognaughts/Yognauts to express their honest opinions.

Sincerely, Tronitus

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MintyMinute
    Simon and Lewis are extremely busy. They try their best to get material out for their fans to enjoy, whether it be the form of a Yogpod or a video. They are travelling to America again for Minecon, and haven't the time physically to sit and record a Yogpod with everything that needs to be worked on, and prepared. The channel has grown by a significant number which means a lot more work is involved in making and running everything, which takes up a lot more of their time. They have in the past released new Yogpods for special occasions, but in-between going to the Nvidia LAN Party, Blizzcon and preparing for Minecon, on top of making sure material is available for them to release whilst away, its just impossible at the present time. I'm sure that there will be Yogpods at some point in the future.

Gamer IDs

Thank you for taking your time to listen to me, I feel a bit ignorant for not thinking ahead of myself. I've been wanting a real answer from someone who would know these things. Again, thank you.
    Last edited by tronitus; 31st October 2011 at 20:44.

Well I don't mind if they take a while with the Yogpods, still got about 20 or so to listen to. Listened to the Larping one last night when I went to bed, good times . I don't think they'll be forgotten about anytime soon, no need to worry friend
    Edit: Also I think a decent portion of Yogfans are just kids. Some of the Yogpods aren't exactly kid friendly, so they kind of have to go with the majority.
    The way I feel about the Yogpods is they kind of feel like a reward/extra for the older fans and as such should probably not be pushed out too regularly.
    Last edited by Macdaddy; 31st October 2011 at 20:57.

Gamer IDs

That's a great way to look at it Macdaddy. Thank Notch for the old fans.

Thanks to Minty for bringing this to my attention!

I want to apologize directly for not making more of an effort to produce podcasts, especially when I enjoy recording them so much and many of our most dedicated fans love the podcast most of all. There really is no good excuse other than a lack of time on my part. The responsibly lies entirely with me - I have a limited amount of time and almost all of that goes into recording, editing and organising videos to post on our YouTube channel. This is not to mention the myriad other things I am doing lately.

Here's the situation: Simon and I do want to record podcasts – it’s definitely a priority for the future – but the podcast typically gets shifted to the bottom of the list of "things to do" at the moment! The core reason is a lack of time combined with our recent growth. It is a surprisingly large amount of effort to edit the podcast and therefore I have grown to dread it slightly.

I am looking for someone to do the editing which will mean more and regular yogpods
    - but I haven't yet found anyone (or maybe I'm just scared noone will do it correctly). But it's true to say noone with any experience of working with audio has gotten in contact with me about doing this. Then again, I've not really looked hard, maybe I should post on the facebook, there are some talented yognaughts out there.

There are other reasons - when we were originally making the podcasts, it was my only priority and we didn’t make youtube videos. I worked hard to get them out regularly and in high quality – although I’m not sure it was really either (!) but this was before we had partnership on youtube.
    Now that we have grown, an unholy amount of my time gets sucked up dealing with organising and booking trips away (such as the recently attended fortnight in the US, plus the upcoming Minecon), holidays, running a small company and keeping detailed accounts, expenses, tax, plus effectively overseeing a small staff of 15-20 people who do various things for us! Having said that, Hannah has now quit her job and is working with us full-time, so perhaps that will free up enough time to start making podcasts again.

In addition, Simon and I now live in the same house, and chat regularly over meals or walking into town for coffee etc. Therefore our friendship dynamic is different – and chatting over Ventrilo is no longer our sole means of communication.

Previously, the material for the podcasts was generated very naturally by our daily chats, and since we don't really need those any more, I guess I’m slightly worried this will affect the chats we have. What I'm trying to say is that without a video game setting to spark or trigger conversations between us, I'm just a bit worried it wouldn't be very good
    Last edited by Lewis; 31st October 2011 at 21:09.

Gamer IDs

Thank you Lewis. Its greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Cha0ticrogue Steam ID: Seraxia
    Now this has been properly answered by Minty/Lewis,
    And hopefully answered for those who may ask in the future!

/close.
    -Seraxia