What do you use to record minecraft? and Yogbox Survival Episode 1

Hello. so a few days ago i posted about a survival series with the yogpod mod. i made the first episode which ill put a link for but the real reason for making this post is to ask what program you use to record minecraft if you also do videos.
    i used fraps for awile but i didnt think it was very good since it made my minecraft lag too much to play, other things iv used is AVS which was easy to use and didnt make minecraft lag but the final quality for the video was awful. Finaly in the video i used the same thing i use to record xbox360 footage which is Debut video capture software. anyway please reply saying what you use it would help allot thanks.

Yogbox survival episode 1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb17J-T19ts

*EDIT* I redid the first episode so that could better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn-F9PTr4N0
    Last edited by idiotcraft; 9th August 2011 at 17:23.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DJS1ma PSN ID: djsima25 Steam ID: Luneth25
    I use Fraps and it doesn't lag at all, but that's either your computer or you might have not changed the framerate it records at? Personally I don't think there are many better alternatives to screen recording than Fraps.

About your Video:
    You NEED to spell everything in your video description correctly - adds professionalism.
    Change your Minecraft setting from fancy to fast if you're having lag issues (if you haven't already).
    Drop the annoying tune in the intro and it does not need to be that long.
    Turn your Mouse Pointer off on your recording software (there should be an option for it).
    Don't ask people to subscribe in your f###ing title.
    Cut your video into smaller parts, and post one each day (gives people something to come back for)
    Also because no one wants to watch an hour long video unless you're as popular as something like the Yogscast.

Don't take these points as me insulting you, I'm just giving criticism, which you asked for.

Ok thanks for the help ill make the videos shorter next time and probably get a better intro.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Cobbelstown Steam ID: Cobbelstown
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I use Fraps and it doesn't lag at all, but that's either your computer or you might have not changed the framerate it records at? Personally I don't think there are many better alternatives to screen recording than Fraps.

About your Video:
    You NEED to spell everything in your video description correctly - adds professionalism.
    Change your Minecraft setting from fancy to fast if you're having lag issues (if you haven't already).
    Drop the annoying tune in the intro and it does not need to be that long.
    Turn your Mouse Pointer off on your recording software (there should be an option for it).
    Don't ask people to subscribe in your f###ing title.
    Cut your video into smaller parts, and post one each day (gives people something to come back for)
    Also because no one wants to watch an hour long video unless you're as popular as something like the Yogscast.

Don't take these points as me insulting you, I'm just giving criticism, which you asked for.
    Agreed, Being desperate is the best way to NOT get any attention, You should make videos for fun and if your purely out for subscribers i suggest you take a different dayjob, Because anyone who does that never puts any TLC into thier videos so they end up as rubbish rushed attempts at gaining quick subs

Basically, Do something you like, And if its minecraft or something in gaming, I recommend getting a Gaming PC (They are cheaper than people think, you just have to look) and watching other people to get some inspiration, and pick up some tips and tricks in certain areas to improve your own videos content and quality.
    Modder in Training, Wanna Watch my Shenanigans? My voice gives me super Strength... In being Annoying...

I Make alot of random shit, Excuse the mess, Yes i know theres some glowing flowers, Oops mind that, its a model of my latest map. Oi Don't touch that, Its a secret, I'll hit you with my new invention i made while making that!

Blog Entries
    Fraps woorks just fine on fancy with me, so its probably your PC

Quote Originally Posted by cobbelstown View Post
    Agreed, Being desperate is the best way to NOT get any attention, You should make videos for fun and if your purely out for subscribers i suggest you take a different dayjob, Because anyone who does that never puts any TLC into thier videos so they end up as rubbish rushed attempts at gaining quick subs

Basically, Do something you like, And if its minecraft or something in gaming, I recommend getting a Gaming PC (They are cheaper than people think, you just have to look) and watching other people to get some inspiration, and pick up some tips and tricks in certain areas to improve your own videos content and quality.
    thanks for the advice. ill probaly end up getting a gaming pc something in the future to improve my videos. also im not sure if you meant your comment in the way i interpreted it but i do enjoy making videos and im not just doing it to get subs, if that is what you meant

Moved to "Minecraft help".