Minecraft Error: Outdated Server! / End of Stream!

Hello,

As of about 2 weeks back, I updated to the most recent minecraft version 1.7.3, and since then I haven't been able to connect to the server I usually go on. I could connect fine beforehand with absolutely no problems, and since the update I always get the 'Outdated Server!' Error, and then if i retry I get the 'End of Stream!' error. The owner of the server has assured me that the server is on the same version as me, and all of my friends can also connect to it without hassle.

I have searched for a solution but found none, I have tried re-downloading my entire minecraft folder, forced updating, and none of it works.

I can connect to the Yogscast Public server just fine, it's just this one. I don't understand as I could connect to it fine before.

If anyone has any help they could give me it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tom.

The server you are trying to connect to haven't updated their server to 1.7.3 and are still using an older version. If you can remember the version that the server was when you could connect to it, try downgrading. A guide on how to downgrade can be found here. If you are unsure, try and contact one of the members/administrators of the server to get the correct version and then downgrade.

The server isn't on an older version, because my friends are on the same version I am and they can connect. I have tried downgrading before and that too didn't work

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: jeff_dissentience
    Have you tried deleting your .minecraft folder?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ISAWITFIRST
    Quote Originally Posted by Djent View Post
    Have you tried deleting your .minecraft folder?
    Shush.

hsTE, You may have to re-install your Minecraft. I've no clue what's wrong with your minecraft. If your problem consists you may need to ask on the Minecraft forums.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Netstormuk
    Quote Originally Posted by hsTE View Post
    Hello,

As of about 2 weeks back, I updated to the most recent minecraft version 1.7.3, and since then I haven't been able to connect to the server I usually go on. I could connect fine beforehand with absolutely no problems, and since the update I always get the 'Outdated Server!' Error, and then if i retry I get the 'End of Stream!' error. The owner of the server has assured me that the server is on the same version as me, and all of my friends can also connect to it without hassle.

I have searched for a solution but found none, I have tried re-downloading my entire minecraft folder, forced updating, and none of it works.

I can connect to the Yogscast Public server just fine, it's just this one. I don't understand as I could connect to it fine before.

If anyone has any help they could give me it would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tom.
    Then it's not your problem, unless you have got the server information wrong. Consult with the server owner to get the problem resolved.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: berridew
    you will need to delete your .minecraft folder before installing the zip folder to degrade you most likely downloaded. I had the same issue and i used these guys to downgrade: http://www.newnationcraft.com/2011/0...ade-to-1-5_01/ it took me a few attempts but eventually I was able to downgrade. The Outdated Server message you're getting does sound like you're on a different version to the server. Hope this helps

-berridew
    - Failure is always an option

Cool

Have you tried deleting your .minecraft folder. (EVERYTHING in it)
    reinstall the server software of minecraft.net and then try running it, It should work