Cool [Adventure] The Basement: Part 1 - Minecraft Adventure Map

The Basement! - Part 1.

WOO PART 2 IS OUT!!! BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED PART 1 FIRST, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO, OTHERWISE IT WON'T MAKE SENSE. YOU CAN GET IT HERE

Hey guys, I'm Back! I've made a new map, it's sort of adventure but mainly custom, i was hoping for the other way around but oh well! This map is called The Basement, for reasons that you'll find out if you play the map, which I hope is longer than the last one, and much more confusing without all the easy hints. I created this map on SMP with another friend.

The map, to make it a bit more adventure style, has a few notes that you need to read if you want to understand by really cheesy backstory of the map (these are included in the download folder). There isn't really a beginning, it is just that you've been called to explore this area after a few strange sightings have occurred. Throughout the map there is glowstone dust hidden, for your score, i think theres about 51 dust if I counted correctly.

PLEASE NOTE: WHEN YOU REACH THE LAKE WITH THE BODIES, YOU HAVE FINISHED, PART 2 POSSIBLY COMING SOON.

RECOMMENDED TEXTURE PACK - GERUDOKU (Tyken's Updated Version):
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...32x-tydoku-17/

DOWNLOAD:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4822898/The%20Basement.zip

EDIT (20th April 2011): Fixed a few bugs, I.E. Doors shut/closed, non-obvious note placements, fixed ladders from Beta 1.5 update.

Installation Tutorial:

Macs:
    1. Open Finder
    2. Go to your home folder (the name of your computer)
    3. Open Library
    4. Open Application Support
    5. Open minecraft
    6. Open saves
    7. Unzip the .zip file from the download
    8. Open that folder and open the notes
    9. Then drag the folder called "The Basement" (should be in the same folder as the notes) into your minecraft saves folder

Windows:
    1. Go to Windows (bottom left)
    2. On XP, click start, run
    3. Search for %appdata%
    3. Go to .minecraft
    4. Go to saves
    5. Unzip the .zip file from the download
    6. Open that folder and open the notes
    7. Then drag the folder called "The Basement" (should be in the same folder as the notes) into your minecraft saves folder

SCREENSHOTS:

TRAILER:

Littlesm (me):

TUTORIALS:

Machinima Realm - Setosorcerer videos:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

CantHandletheParrot videos:

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

CREDITS:
    Littlesm (me) - For making the map and uploading and writing the notes and backstory. Also for editing in the trailer. - http://www.youtube.com/user/LittlesmHD

Sat_nav40 - For Major help with the map and most of the rooms. Also thanks to him for the Screenshots and the amazing footage for the Map Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/user/elitegamingsmog

And to all those people who made custom maps and gave us ideas! (EG, Redmurk Mystery, The Caverns, Forgotten Temple, Escapecraft etc....)
    Last edited by littlesm; 22nd July 2011 at 16:59.

wrong place, dude. There is a section for custom maps called custom maps. could some mod move this plz?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: badsam97
    I smell a yogscast video....

Quote Originally Posted by badsam97 View Post
    I smell a yogscast video....

i hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycreeper View Post
    wrong place, dude. There is a section for custom maps called custom maps. could some mod move this plz?
    yeah sorry i didnt know there was one, sorry! a mod moved part 2, but part 1 hasnt been moved yet