Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: indienorien

New intro and outro music

The video, 241 Minecraft Puzzle Map - Part 1 - The Robots Took Over had a new intro and outro song.

Is it only for this series or for all their videos? We'll probably find out soon. But what is your opinion on the new music?

First of all, I liked the old ones a lot. (the ones in this video so we are talking about the same) Hearing the new ones was a bit of a shock. I'm a bit reluctant to change and frankly can't remember other intro and outro music.

Now about the music itself. I like the new intro. It has a nice feel to it, think of LoTR meets old school RPGs. It's music that eager's for adventure. Give it a few episodes and the old intro will probably feel nostalgic.

The outro however.. The beginning is good, but when the beat started kicking in.. It was horrible. I don't know why I don't like it. The music itself is not bad. But it just didn't feel right. The style of the music seemed to clash with the video.

So, what do you think about it ?

all the adventure maps lately have had different music. i think they're trying to fit the music to the theme of the map.

i felt the electric type music worked pretty perfectly, given what the story in the map is about.

i don't think they'll change their music for all their videos. this is more trying to fit certain music with certain videos to make them all tie in better.
    got a question? just wanna say hi? pm me!

twitter - forum rules

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: cyberimago Steam ID: ScottishHobson Raptr ID: ScottishHobson
    Hi indienorien,

I think it's okay for me to say this (I don't see why not) but I edited this video for them and chose the music. The original music I'd chosen was a bit slow and boring didn't really match the upbeat, happy nature of their videos, so I found the craziest, most upbeat music I could that, as ev says, fits with the map. Sorry you didn't like it!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: indienorien
    Apparently I should have paid more attention to the music in the adventure maps. I didn't notice at all that there was different music every time

ScottishHobson, The editing was really good! If it was you who decided to put the little blue numbers in the top right corner after every "level", I absolutely loved them. It's the little things that finish the video And about the music, almost everyone likes it. You did a fantastic job on the music. I guess there's no accounting for taste

Gamer IDs

Thanks, indie! The music would have been pretty bad if I hadn't been asked to change it so I'm glad this one has a better impact

I was worried the marks wouldn't work and I've noticed some people asking what they are, but by the next video it should be clear they're tally marks. I wanted to just put something extra in there and not just the game so I'm glad you liked it!

Honestly, I was a little shocked when I heard the different music.

Without offending you Hobson, I do prefer the old music as I find it symbolic and I haven't been a fan from the start but I've been watching for a long time now so when I heard the different music I was a bit confused, it just felt like I wasn't watching the Yogscast even though I was, I don't know . The music did suit the video well and it was well edited (and I did catch what was meant by the tally by the 2nd video !) Just it was a bit of a change I guess.

the old music is still in most videos. the adventure maps get their own to give it more of a feel, which i think is a nice change in direction.
    got a question? just wanna say hi? pm me!

twitter - forum rules

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Deathriding
    Yeah, as The_Ev said, I think it's for the adventure map I noticed it as well (Because it's quite a bit different to the Euphemia edit they usually use :P) but it made me discover a new electronic band so... Win/Win

Gamer IDs

No offense taken at all, everyone has their preferences Hope you liked the rest of the video!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PhatHamsterPro Steam ID: Jaderos
    I actually really enjoy the change in pace with the new intro and outro pieces on adventure maps! I get bored of redundancy pretty quickly to be honest

I especially like the outro song in this video
    I find that a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread."

Twitter:: Forum Rules :: Risky Business