Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Trailer:

Download:
    >>> Available Here <<<

Description:
    Diversity is a unique take on the CTM genre. As usual, you have to complete the monument by collecting the coloured wool. However in Diversity, each wool is obtained by finishing a completely different Minecraft map genre.

Rules:
    1. No breaking, placing or crafting any items unless instructed or implied.
    2. No changing gamemodes or difficulty.
    3. No typing commands like TP, give, spawnpoint, etc.

Recommendations:
    - Default Texture/Resource Pack
    - Brightness: High

Multiplayer:
    If you want to play Diversity as multiplayer, I recommend 2 players. 3 maximum.

Additional Notes:
    This is my second Minecraft map and MUCH more ambitious than my first. This took me about 2 months to construct.
    Diversity is possibly the first Minecraft map built around the purpose of completing multiple genres. Diversity must be played in Minecraft 1.6.2.
    It's not required, but for those who have played my first map, Complex, there is something special for you.

Youtube:
    If you would like to record yourself playing Diversity and post it on youtube, you have my full permission, in fact I'd encourage it! But please include this forum page link in your video description.

Special Thanks:
    A very huge thank you to Jesper the End for all his advice and help on the creation of this project. Thanks to my awesome team of BETA testers Aura Cloud, kbcoolify, EpicGaming12321, JJPivotz, VeerZ, Owen, EpicCookie7, TheZperk!

Screenshots:
    title.png
    branches.png
    adventure.png
    arena.png
    trivia.png
    parkour.png
    escape.png
    labyrinthian.png
    dropper.png
    survival.png
    puzzle.png
    bossfight.png

does anyone use this forum?
    Last edited by mighty_claw; 2nd August 2013 at 12:27. Reason: double post. please use the edit button if you have anything further to add.

Attempt #2 Today

Q:

I started this map yesterday but ran into a little difficulty. I am going to re-install now and give it another go and the problems could very well have been my own doing.

The concept is definitely intriguing, and the three builds I saw were extremely well done, so I hope that I can get through it without mucking up and will report back later today.

In the meantime, if you would like to return the favor, I am trying to promote my PvP Arena Battle/Race map called Four Torches. I have a post on here a few down as well as at the "other" forums:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...vp-battlerace/

If you have time I would appreciate the reciprocation and maybe just giving it a look for any feedback, even if you just run through it solo.

I'll let you know on Diversity, though!

-JB-

P.S. I guess some people use these forums...

Hey!
    There was some bugs in the original download for the puzzle branch. But v1.0.5 is here and as far as I know, it should without issue. What problem did you have?

Your map looks interesting enough. But alas, I do not play PVP or hardly play server at all. I'm not I can help you with promotion.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheLloydimus PSN ID: SmokedTigerBlood
    Quote Originally Posted by qmagnet View Post
    This is my second Minecraft map and MUCH more ambitious than my first. This took me about 2 months to construct.
    Diversity is possibly the first Minecraft map built around the purpose of completing multiple genres. Diversity must be played in Minecraft 1.6.2.
    It's not required, but for those who have played my first map, Complex, there is something special for you.
    Tried out the map earlier (will be doing a mini-series on YouTube) and have to say it's fantastic, first video on it will be up on Thursday if you'd care to check it out (will grab link for you when I have it), great work, very different to other custom maps and so far, from what I've done on it, it's very well done!

*edit* Video's actually due to be up tomorrow (Friday), not today, sorry! :P
    Last edited by TheLloydimus; 8th August 2013 at 22:47. Reason: Wrong information, sorry!

What version did you get. There was a massive issue with the Trivia Branch and extremely slow deaths on getting questions wrong. I suggest you getting the latest version just so you don`t hate it as much.

Gamer IDs

I got v1.0.7, still in the Puzzle branch, haven't checked out the Trivia branch, thanks for the heads up though, will let you know!

Yeah go get the latest version, there have been quite a few updates since release. Finding a lot to be improved based on "customer" complaints...

Gamer IDs

Suppose it's good to have positive criticism every now and again, have to ask, the room with the coloured wool and the 5 blocks by the chests (End stone, wood etc), how does that work? I think I figured it out but I've used the Bonus room on it now already, like the way everything's working!

All the puzzles have hints at the minecraft forums. That one in particular is actually quite logical when you understand the answer. Each of the blocks are specific to biomes in minecraft. When you jump on the chests it spells DEBUG. The debug screen is viewed when you hit F3. And each of the wool on the floor is a different biome when you are standing on it.

Gamer IDs

I did notice the sky changing (the purple wool turning the sky black) so I knew that one, didn't think about the DEBUG screen at all, you clever man! Haha, very good