Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... Last

Exclamation How to install the Yogbox.

First thing first, I know that there is instructions on the official thread, but people have been asking me questions on how to install the Yogbox and I'm posting this as a seperate thread to clear any confusion that has been caused and still ongoing. I'm open to answer any questions if you have problems, so with ought further ado, this is how you do it;

Before Installing!:

1. Make sure you have a fresh Minecraft.jar before you start the installation. To refresh your Minecraft.jar you can either go to the minecraft launcher and force update or navigate to your .minecraft/bin and delete minecraft.jar and just load the game to refresh the files that are needed to.

2. Back up any mods such as Millenare, just to avoid any problems in case you run into any.

How to Install the Yogbox:

1. Make a fresh folder anywhere you wish, preferably the Desktop as it's easy to get to.

2. Download http://www.mediafire.com/?vahdq854p22jeam (The Yogbox), and extract the contents into the empty folder you have just created.

3. Open the Yogbox Installer with Java and not WinRAR (I got confused), follow the on-screen prompts and select any optional mods you wish to install.

4. When it's done, run Minecraft and enjoy the Yogbox! I also recommend the texture pack Lewis mentioned.

How to get rid of the "black box" that pops up for about one second and then closes when trying to run Yogbox Installer:

You are simply just opening it with the wrong java program. Here is the steps:

Right click YogBox Installer > Open With > Choose Default Program > Browse > Program Files (Default for Java to be in) > Java > jre6 > bin > javaw

Cannot find main class error:

Quote Originally Posted by ezaka View Post
    "Can't find main class" Solution

#1 - Download and extract the contents of the YogBox.

#2 - Open the mods\required\Core Data

#3 - Then open the minecraft.jar with WinRar (or other alternative)

#4 - Drag Everything from the folder "jar", inside the folder of the YogBox_1.6.6_B1, into the minecraft.jar file

#5 - Open the "resources" folder and copy/paste them into the Application Data\.minecraft

#6 - Now for the extra mods, go to the YogBox_1.6.6_B1\mods\extra\ folder, and open each folder that you want to install, for each "jar" folder you have to drag the files within to the minecraft.jar, And everything within the folder named "resources" into the resources folder in "Application Data\.minecraft".
    "Error creating temp directory" fix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEWI9jGS7A

All credit of this fix goes to Leeeyam of the forums and of course, the youtube channel this video is posted on. Thank you for finding a solution.

Another Solution: This can be looking upon as the good old "plug out, plug in" method. Simply try re-installing the Yogbox and keep refreshing minecraft.jar if you continue getting the error until it works.

Increasing your chance of installation success: Reboot your computer and when you get on, make sure the first thing you do is run the Yogbox installer. I've had issues like this in the past where programs I've opened and closed still lurk around and can interfere with other programs. Infuriating I know.

I installed the Yogbox correctly, with ought any errors and I only got the texture pack and nothing else!:

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdax222 View Post
    I had this problem, all I done was;

Start - Run - %appdata% - .minecraft - Deleted all of the files in there except my texturepacks - Downloaded minecraft.exe again, or just opened it from before - Minecraft should automatically download the deleted files again - Run the Yogbox installer, no error.
    Thanks Max for finding a solution to this problem.

Solutions from other users:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPg View Post
    I had the Error creating temp directory but i was able to fix it by running the installer with admin rights - im on windows 7 64bit btw
    Quote Originally Posted by dj281 View Post
    I had the Error creating temp directory.. add ".exe" to the end of YOGBOX installer and it worked!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrad View Post

For those with WinRar getting in the way:

Open WinRar, Choose Options/Settings and the goto the Integration tab and un-tick JAR files.
    This should do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Trevor View Post
    If you are having trouble running the installer on mac/getting the class error you are most likely trying to run the file with an older version of java. You can change this by going into applications/utilities/java\ preferences and making sure the top version of java is 1.6. or by manually installing.
    Extra Help: Yogbox Help Forum

---

Hope this helps the people that are having problems. I'm free to answer any questions regarding installation issues.
    Last edited by Macdaddy; 26th January 2012 at 22:54. Reason: Changed DL link

When i try to run yogbox installer with java after clicking the optional mods and clicking next, it says "error creating temp directory!"
    help?

Quote Originally Posted by Twismyer View Post
    When i try to run yogbox installer with java after clicking the optional mods and clicking next, it says "error creating temp directory!"
    help?
    Added the solution to the main post.
    Last edited by SeedlessBanana; 24th June 2011 at 00:50.

if you right click and click the java runner as the main program to run the window

Sup, I can't seem to open with Java correctly. My process is open with -> choose default programme->java->jre6->bin->java
    Then a little black box will pop up and close again.
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by scottishgingerperson View Post
    Sup, I can't seem to open with Java correctly. My process is open with -> choose default programme->java->jre6->bin->java
    Then a little black box will pop up and close again.
    Any help?
    Edited the original post to fix this black box problem.

Original post edited again, now including the "error creating temp directory" solution.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: PenquinDude
    Are you guys sure you have the latest version of Java? There was an update pushed out a couple nights ago. Try downloading it from here and see if that helps. I personally did not have the Temp Directory error though, so this isn't a guaranteed fix, just a hunch I have.

EDIT: I was able to install no issues on a fresh minecraft.jar with META-INF intact, that is definitely not the issue.

Ok, so I installed the YogBox, and the installation seemed to go through easily enough. When I tried to run Minecraft right after installation, I get a crash. I've never crashed the game before :P

Here's what it said:
    "Mods loaded: 23
    ModLoader Beta 1.6.6
    mod_Pistons Beta 1.6.6
    mod_BoneTorch WOOOO BONE TORCH
    mod_startingInventory 1.6.5-v1-DaftPVF
    mod_rope Rope!
    mod_crystalWing 1.6.6-DaftPVF
    mod_Shelf Beta 1.6.5
    mod_healOnEasy 1.6.5 - by DaftPVF
    mod_customtrees WOOOO TREES
    mod_RecipeBook Beta 1.6.4
    mod_airship Airships 1.6.5
    mod_StickMod WOOOO STICKS
    mod_Arrows Beta 1.6.5
    mod_gravelclay 1.DERP
    mod_slimeBoots 1.6.6-v1-by DaftPVF
    mod_Flax Flax and Stuff V1
    mod_Stackables Beta 1.6.4
    mod_Icecave Beta 1.5_01_icecave_sandcave
    mod_Israphel By Hogofwar
    mod_treecapitator 1.6.6-v1-DaftPVF
    mod_Fossils Beta 1.5_01_fossilinator-inator
    mod_beekeeping Beta 1.5_01 - By Nandonalt
    mod_score 1.6.6-v1-DaftPVF

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 4fdf1c1d --------
    Generated 6/23/11 3:30 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
    Java: 1.6.0_20, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel« GM45 Express Chipset GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2 version 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel, Tungsten Graphics, Inc

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0xffffffff8b907000 serial: 92 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) request_code: 137 minor_code: 7
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay. globalErrorHandler(LinuxDispla y.java:268)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.nglClear (Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glClear( GL11.java:589)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .x(SourceFile:390)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .a(SourceFile:321)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .run(SourceFile:683)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.ja va:636)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 71a63aa0 ----------"

I've also tried it with all of the extra mods, with the only difference being the mod list at the top. I'm running Ubuntu Linux 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop with a 1.8gHz CPU, can't remember the RAM at the moment. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Medart View Post
    Ok, so I installed the YogBox, and the installation seemed to go through easily enough. When I tried to run Minecraft right after installation, I get a crash. I've never crashed the game before :P

Here's what it said:
    "Mods loaded: 23
    ModLoader Beta 1.6.6
    mod_Pistons Beta 1.6.6
    mod_BoneTorch WOOOO BONE TORCH
    mod_startingInventory 1.6.5-v1-DaftPVF
    mod_rope Rope!
    mod_crystalWing 1.6.6-DaftPVF
    mod_Shelf Beta 1.6.5
    mod_healOnEasy 1.6.5 - by DaftPVF
    mod_customtrees WOOOO TREES
    mod_RecipeBook Beta 1.6.4
    mod_airship Airships 1.6.5
    mod_StickMod WOOOO STICKS
    mod_Arrows Beta 1.6.5
    mod_gravelclay 1.DERP
    mod_slimeBoots 1.6.6-v1-by DaftPVF
    mod_Flax Flax and Stuff V1
    mod_Stackables Beta 1.6.4
    mod_Icecave Beta 1.5_01_icecave_sandcave
    mod_Israphel By Hogofwar
    mod_treecapitator 1.6.6-v1-DaftPVF
    mod_Fossils Beta 1.5_01_fossilinator-inator
    mod_beekeeping Beta 1.5_01 - By Nandonalt
    mod_score 1.6.6-v1-DaftPVF

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 4fdf1c1d --------
    Generated 6/23/11 3:30 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
    Java: 1.6.0_20, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: OpenJDK Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel« GM45 Express Chipset GEM 20100330 DEVELOPMENT x86/MMX/SSE2 version 2.1 Mesa 7.9-devel, Tungsten Graphics, Inc

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: X Error - disp: 0xffffffff8b907000 serial: 92 error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) request_code: 137 minor_code: 7
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay. globalErrorHandler(LinuxDispla y.java:268)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.nglClear (Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glClear( GL11.java:589)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .x(SourceFile:390)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .a(SourceFile:321)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft .run(SourceFile:683)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.ja va:636)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 71a63aa0 ----------"

I've also tried it with all of the extra mods, with the only difference being the mod list at the top. I'm running Ubuntu Linux 10. Toshiba Satellite laptop with a 1.8gHz CPU, can't remember the RAM at the moment. Any help?
    The problem could be that your OS is Linux, some of the mods used are only compatitble with Windows. Just to make sure, do a force update to refresh your minecraft.jar, and then follow through the instructions again. I'd restart your computer after you refresh your minecraft.jar to avoid any interfering programs.