Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Yogscast Names?

  1. #1

    Yogscast Names?

    I can't deny my curiosity is burning, but where did the Yogscast names originate from?

    Honeydew - Ale
    Xephos - ?
    Lomadia - ?
    Sips_ - ?
    Sjin - ?
    Nilsey_ - ?
    Lalna - ?
    Rythian - ?
    Zoeya - ?

    (Old_Peculier - Ale


    I do know that most of these came from their previous WOW guild but did they adopt some from any popular culture references?

    PS. Feel free to add any others you may be curious about or already know!

  2. #2
    Jburgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: x The Raccoon x Steam ID: Jburgy Raptr ID: Jburgy
    All of their names come from the secret art of sumo wrestling known as Yogro-Sui (Hence Yogscast)

    They called their guild Ye Olde Goone Squade which original came from YOGS which was from Yogro-Sui

    Each of their names was either a style of Yogro-Sui, a stance, or an attack move

    It is quite an interesting subject actually, you should totally google it
    Connect To the Community Teamspeak Here: Connect - Join the Lobster Tank <3

    Best Minecraft Server Hosts - Here

  3. #3
    Toa of cake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Your mind.
    Posts
    172
    I think Zoey's one came when she was reregistering for minecraft or something and it was taken so she just added a 'A'.
    LividCoffee is when Duncan and his college/university mates made a video called the Lukewarm Beverage Affair.

    Part 1:
     


    Part 2:
     


    Your welcome.
    Youtube:Bionicleeats Voltix


    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

    I LEIK TRAINS

  4. #4
    werepenguin8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    <insert location here>
    Posts
    1,544
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: IrishDonutJelly Steam ID: werepenguin8
    Click.
    Lewis answers his and Simon's name question in that thread.
    Other names? No clue.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jburgy View Post
    All of their names come from the secret art of sumo wrestling known as Yogro-Sui (Hence Yogscast)

    They called their guild Ye Olde Goone Squade which original came from YOGS which was from Yogro-Sui

    Each of their names was either a style of Yogro-Sui, a stance, or an attack move

    It is quite an interesting subject actually, you should totally google it

    Hahaha! I'm ashamed to say I actually fell for it and googled it!

  6. #6
    Jburgy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: x The Raccoon x Steam ID: Jburgy Raptr ID: Jburgy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassereus View Post
    Hahaha! I'm ashamed to say I actually fell for it and googled it!

    Ah, did I say google!? I meant Bing, you have to Bing it :P
    Connect To the Community Teamspeak Here: Connect - Join the Lobster Tank <3

    Best Minecraft Server Hosts - Here

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jburgy View Post
    Ah, did I say google!? I meant Bing, you have to Bing it :P
    Hahaha! Close one that time, half the way through typing it in on Bing, I just caught myself!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassereus View Post
    I can't deny my curiosity is burning, but where did the Yogscast names originate from?

    Honeydew - Ale
    Xephos - ?
    Lomadia - ?
    Sips_ - ?
    Sjin - ?
    Nilsey_ - ?
    Lalna - ?
    Rythian - ?
    Zoeya - ?

    (Old_Peculier - Ale


    I do know that most of these came from their previous WOW guild but did they adopt some from any popular culture references?

    PS. Feel free to add any others you may be curious about or already know!
    Rythian explained his name somewhere, Q&A or something? Cannot remember, anyway, I do know that Rythian used to be called "Phoenix" but since that is an incredibly generic name, it was basically taken in every game in existence so he changed to Rythian (I really really think it's explained in Q&A with Rythian.)

    Nilesy explained his name as well, cannot remember it either but I know it had something to do with him looking like or doing a good impression of someone so his school friends called him "Niles" or something. Cannot for the life of me remember when this came up though (I think it was during his They Bleed Pixels videos, ah no, wait, it was during Q&A with Nilesy (where he was playing They Bleed Pixels in the background.))

    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


  9. #9
    werepenguin8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    <insert location here>
    Posts
    1,544
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: IrishDonutJelly Steam ID: werepenguin8
    Ah yes, Nilesy's name originated from when he was in high school and his friends called him after Niles Crane from Frasier.
    Thanks for jogging my memory Nognix!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by werepenguin8 View Post
    Ah yes, Nilesy's name originated from when he was in high school and his friends called him after Niles Crane from Frasier.
    Thanks for jogging my memory Nognix!
    Yeah, that's it! Thank YOU for reminding me.

    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Site Navigation

 > FAQ

» Recent Threads

Boys vs Girls
8th April 2012 22:42
If you're in need of...
26th September 2014 03:18
Villainy and Virtue - RP...
17th September 2014 21:21
No Landmark key
Yesterday 22:05
The King is Dead! RP...
21st January 2014 05:01
by Lambi81
[Whitelist][Yogscast...
28th September 2014 22:16
First game you played,...
24th March 2013 11:32
Server looking for...
22nd September 2014 21:49
[1.7.9]~[Slap Gaming...
7th December 2013 23:47
This again...
Yesterday 14:55
city planning ideas
Today 06:45
by vf1s
I can do Fan art if you...
8th June 2013 17:45
Utopia
18th September 2014 14:29
by Epiccat

Log in

Log in